The Best Product Reviews Apps for Shopify in 2022
Published June 23, 2021.
Our team independently researches and recommends the best products and services. We publish reviews that are unbiased nor influenced by payments we may receive from advertising partners.
Why Product Reviews Are Important
Without genuine feedback from fellow customers, many of your visitors are likely to remain apprehensive about doing business with you. Thankfully, there is a simple way to fix this. The best way to gain your customers’ trust is with product reviews.
There are many different apps available to choose from on the Shopify app store, and all offer slightly different features with vastly different payment plans. Although it might seem like a lot to take in at first, we’ve simplified the process as much as possible by grouping all the apps into one of three “best for” categories:
- Small and startup businesses These apps are generally for companies that don’t yet generate high revenue and can’t afford to shell out hundreds of dollars on customer reviews.
- Established businesses These apps are generally for companies that can afford the extra cost of some more premium services and are currently looking to upscale.
- Businesses of all sizes These apps have price plans ranging anywhere from minimal to luxurious and could suit stores of any size looking for some more unique features.
All you have to do is pick one of the ten apps that we found and install it in minutes.
But before that, let us explain how we chose the list of the best product review apps for Shopify.
Our Review Criteria
All of the apps that appear on our list have some distinct differences, but all have to follow a set of principles and offer some base features.
- None of our chosen apps require extensive experience in coding or other tech-based specialties. They’re all relatively easy to install and navigate, and generally integrate with a number of other Shopify apps.
- All of our chosen apps are praised regularly for their fast and efficient customer support.
- None of our apps have an average rating of fewer than 4 stars out of 5 across hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of reviews.
- All of our apps offer a free plan or free trial of their paid plans so that you never have to commit to something without being able to test it first.
That being said, here is our list of the top ten product review apps available for Shopify.
Best for Small and Startup Businesses
Loox allows customers to leave great-looking photo-based product reviews, turning your customers into the best marketers your online store has.
Product Review not only facilitates the creation of awesome-looking product reviews but also sends out automatic emails reminding your customers to leave feedback about their experience with your brand.
Judge.me is the perfect way to dynamically collect and display customer reviews and star ratings on your Shopify store.
Best for Established Businesses
Fomo Social Proof is a fantastic way of displaying recent orders and product reviews on your storefront, the perfect way to leverage a scarcity mindset and really utilize your customer’s fear of missing out.
Fera uses customizable widgets that allow e-commerce merchants to create super unique customer reviews.
Ali Reviews turns run-of-the-mill text-based reviews into eye-catching photo reviews, a surefire way to keep your customers coming back again and again.
Reviews.io has a Google Review License which means you get stars next to your Google results. They also make it easy for your customers to leave a video review. Great video reviews make great social content.
Boost sales and social proof with Yotpo, the perfect way to showcase reviews, photos, and Q&As on your website.
Best for Stores of All Sizes
Stamped.io gives you all the tools you’ll need to display high-impact customer reviews and feedback on your product and category pages.
Credens allows customers to upload product photos along with their reviews & testimonials. This helps you generate more user-generated content that is authentic & increases engagement.
Socially proofing your products and services with customer reviews remains one of the best strategies to gain customer trust and boost sale revenue. But not only that, customer reviews take your happy customers and turn them into your very own marketing army, all at no cost.