Shopify Discount Apps: How to Revolutionize Your Online Store in 2024
Updated November 16, 2023.
Like most shoppers, many e-commerce buyers love a good deal. If you own an e-commerce store, offering discounts to secure a sale is a tested tactic to appeal to the 83% of consumers who use discounts when shopping online.
However, with so many strategies available, including on-site discounts, couponing websites, email signup forms, and abandoned cart emails, choosing the right way for your store to offer discounts to customers can be difficult. If you're a Shopify merchant, using a Shopify discount app may be the perfect solution for delivering the right discount at the right time to increase your sales.
What Are Shopify Discount Apps?
Shopify discount apps integrate with your e-commerce store and allow you to offer various discounts to your customers, helping you maximize sales, provide customer support, and build customer loyalty.
Discount apps offer a variety of sales options, including bulk pricing, percentage and dollar-off coupons, product bundling, fixed value, BOGO, free shipping, and tiered pricing discounts.
When deciding between the different types of discount apps for your store, it's important to recognize what types of discounts work within your margins and how you plan to use them.
» Easily create your Shopify customer reward system in a few steps
Why Are Discounts Important for Your Online Store?
- Attracting new customers When shoppers first discover your brand, you need to establish a level of trust to convince them to purchase your products. Offering welcome email discounts to new subscribers or providing on-site discounts to shoppers are common customer acquisition strategies to help you achieve this goal.
- Encouraging repeat purchases Discounts can be an excellent way to generate repeat purchases and build customer loyalty. Incentivizing customers through order confirmation and post-purchase emails along with suggested product upsells, can encourage your shoppers to grab that add-on or complementary item, increasing your customer retention.
- Clearing out excess inventory Excess inventory can take up valuable warehouse space and drain cash flow. Offering discounts on these extra items can help you clear out your obsolete inventory and provide extra cash to grow your business. Take, for instance, excess post-holiday inventory—offering your shoppers discounts on these items as part of your yearly clearance sale can boost your bottom line.
3 Shopify Discount Apps to Optimize Your Online Store
When choosing the right Shopify app to offer discounts in your e-commerce store, you need to understand the types of discounts and features it offers and how they can complement your business.
Here are three discount apps for Shopify that can help you increase sales and run your store more efficiently.
Order to Discount is a Shopify discount app that provides customers with personalized discounts or vouchers for refunds, creating a first-class shopper experience to improve your store's customer satisfaction. With this app, you can easily generate discounts as part of your complaint management process, auto-generate various discounts from defined rules, and email them to customers.
- Create personalized offers from any order
- Choose from various types of discounts
- Easily create and adjust email templates
Plans and Pricing:
While there is a free trial, there is no free plan. However, the paid plan is very affordable, with no discount limitations.
With Order to Discount, you can automatically send personalized discounts to customers who made a customer service complaint based on predefined rules. This type of customer care can help increase customer loyalty and directly influence repeat purchases in your store.
» Read our full Order to Discount review for more details
Bulk Discounts Now is a discount app that allows your brand to create bulk pricing and display the information on the checkout page. Seeing the savings, your customers can be encouraged to buy in bulk, helping increase average order value. The display tables are easily customizable with no code requirements.
- Create percentage and fixed-amount discounts
- Create tiered volume discounts
- Apply discounts on specific products and variants
- Compatible with Shopify's Currency Converter
Plans and Pricing:
While there is a free plan, its functionality is very limited. There are three paid plans to choose from based on your Shopify subscription level. You can also test the app for free for 14 days.
Using Bulk Discounts Now to increase customer AOV by encouraging volume-based purchasing in your store is a smart option in various situations—for example, when you're selling disposable products or want to reduce excess inventory.
Whether on a POS or e-commerce site, USO: Discount & Promotions is a discount app that allows Shopify stores to mix and match discounts to create a customized discount strategy for increasing sales. Whether with product bundles, BOGO, upsells, or volume discounts, stores can easily test nine different offer types to see what converts shoppers and increases revenue.
- Combine multiple sales into a single discount
- Create custom badges, popups, and banners
- Boost revenue with post-purchase upsells
Plans and Pricing:
The app has a free trial and is free for development stores. There is one premium plan available at a relatively affordable price.
USO: Discount & Promotions is great for businesses that want to test incentives across different segments of customers. The app allows you to suggest discounts on the order confirmation page to encourage repeat purchases, provide free gifts for customers who spend over a specific amount, and offer BOGO to in-progress shoppers—all designed to increase AOV and generate repeat orders.
Which Is the Best Discount App?
When choosing the best discount app for your Shopify store, it's essential to consider which aspects of the app matter the most to your customers and business goals.
Customer service is a major factor in building customer loyalty, so you should consider a discount app with a customer service component. If the ability to send emails from the discount app is important to you, look for an app that allows for it. Finally, make sure the app you choose provides flexibility and offers multiple types of discounts that appeal to different customer needs.
Taking these factors into consideration, Egnition's Order to Discount app stands above the rest as the best Shopify discount app to help you increase sales, AOV, and customer loyalty.
» Optimize your Shopify store's management with Egnition's apps
Revolutionize Your Online Store With Shopify Discount Apps
Businesses rely on discounts and offers to drive first-time and repeat sales, increase average order value, unload excess inventory, and keep customers satisfied. When used effectively, your discount strategy can boost your e-commerce store's bottom line, giving you an edge over your competitors.
If you're searching for a Shopify discount app to help you increase sales and AOV, as well as provide exceptional service to your customers, be sure to try out the Order to Discount app and reap its benefits for your store.
» Use Order to Discount to boost your customer retention