Parcel Panel Review (2023): Features, Integrations, Pricing, & More!
Published June 4, 2023.
Our team tests eCommerce apps and publishes reviews that are unbiased and not influenced by payments we receive from some of the app developers.
Research shows that 69% of online shoppers rank the ability to track their orders as one of their top three considerations when making a purchase. This means that order tracking is an essential part of the customer experience. However, for merchants, managing order tracking can be challenging, with issues like delayed shipments, lost packages, and inaccurate information. It can also be time-consuming to respond to customers' questions about where their orders are.
If you're an online retailer struggling with order management, look no further than Parcel Panel—a user-friendly solution designed specifically for simplifying operations and addressing these challenges. After thorough research and testing, we've compiled a review of the app to unpack its key features, pricing, integrations, shortcomings, and more to help you decide whether Parcel Panel is an app worth investing in.
- Easy to set up & use
- Real-time tracking information on an internal page
- Customizable tracking page & notifications
- Excellent customer service & support
- Affordable pricing plans
- Free plan supports a limited number of orders
- Email integrations only available with more expensive plans
Parcel Panel is a valuable app for any e-commerce store looking to manage and track their shipments more effectively. It's also useful for any store looking to save time by automating customer order updates. For this reason, if you use dropshipping or ship high volumes of packages, Parcel Panel will save you significant time and resources, allowing you to focus on other aspects of running your store.
» Parcel Panel is just one app to help with dropshipping. Check out more great dropshipping apps for your store
Overview of Features
All-in-One Order Tracking
Parcel Panel's order tracking database provides real-time and automatic sync, tracking, and updates. It supports 1090 carriers, including FedEx, UPS, DHL, and many other leading carriers. With its smart dashboard, you can get a comprehensive overview of all your orders in one place. It provides eight color-coded shipment statuses to keep you fully informed of each order's progress.
Branded Tracking Page
Parcel Panel allows you to create a customized tracking page that matches your brand identity, as shown in the image below. This means you can send customers back to your site instead of third-party tracking websites. Customers can track their orders via order or tracking number, and the page includes info like estimated delivery time, order status, and map coordinates. It even has automatic page translation for a truly superior customer experience.
Automated Shipping Notifications
The app automatically sends email notifications to customers based on six smart notification triggers. There's an email editor that allows you to customize these notifications to your liking. You can even send notifications to yourself to handle problematic orders before customers complain. Talk about being proactive!
Parcel Panel functions like an upsell app, sending customers automated AI product recommendations. It also serves the purpose of a discount notification app, alerting customers of discounts and other promotions. These upsells and promotions are fully customizable and will appear on the tracking page and customer notifications. So not only can you keep customers informed about their orders, but you can also increase sales at the same time.
Parcel Panel offers insightful analytics to help you optimize your shipping and marketing strategies. The app has a clean and easy-to-read dashboard showing various metrics, such as shipment performance, tracking page views, notification clicks, upsell conversions, and delivery time analysis. You can also view graphical reports that make it easy to interpret the data and identify trends or issues.
» Don't underestimate the power of data. Learn about more analytics apps for actionable insights
Plans & Pricing
If you're skeptical of how much to spend on apps, Parcel Panel has got you covered! With a free plan, three paid plans, and a 7-day free trial, there's something for everyone.
If you're just starting out and want to offer a basic tracking experience to your customers, the Free plan is a good option. You can access over 1000 couriers, create a branded tracking page, send Shopify native notifications, and monitor your orders from a smart dashboard. Keep in mind, however, that the Free plan only allows you to track up to 20 orders per month.
For growing brands that need more features and flexibility, the Essential plan is a great choice. You can customize your order status, show estimated delivery time, display product recommendations and upsell offers, and send shipping notifications. The Essential plan also includes delivery metrics to help you improve your shipping performance. The Essential plan ranges from $9 to $29 per month, based on your quota, which, in turn, ranges from 200 to 1,000 monthly orders.
The Professional plan is for you if you're scaling your business and want to take your tracking experience to the next level. You can utilize the developer API and webhook to integrate with Klaviyo, Omnisend, Zendesk, and Intercom, as well as automatically translate tracking details to your customers' language. You can also remove the Parcel Panel branding from your tracking page with the Professional plan. It costs between $49 and $329 per month, contingent on your quota, which ranges from 2,000 to 20,000 orders each month.
For high-volume companies that need a customized and dedicated tracking solution, the Enterprise plan is the best option. You can get a dedicated tracking channel for your store, a monthly account review with an expert, custom integration with any app or platform you need, and exclusive support from the Parcel Panel team. With a monthly fee of $399 to $709, you'll receive a quota of between 25,000 and 50,000 orders.
Parcel Panel integrates with Shopify, Shopify Plus, and WooCommerce (with more leading e-commerce platforms coming soon) and has over 20 app integrations that can be divided into the following categories:
- Product review apps: These tools enable you to collect and display customer reviews, images, and videos on your tracking page, increasing trust and social proof. Loox and Judge.me are two such apps.
- Email marketing apps: These apps, like Klaviyo, allow you to send automated emails and SMSes to customers based on the status of their orders, such as shipping confirmation, delivery notification, and feedback requests.
- Translation apps: These apps help you translate your tracking page into multiple languages, which can improve your customer satisfaction and retention. An example app is Weglot.
- Page builder apps: Integrations with apps like PageFly allow you to customize your tracking page with drag-and-drop elements, such as banners, widgets, and buttons.
- Loyalty & rewards apps: Apps like Growave can assist you in creating loyalty programs that reward your customers for their purchases, referrals, reviews, etc.
- Helpdesk apps: These tools help you provide customer service and support through live chat, email, and phone. Zendesk is an example.
Usability is a big deal when it comes to apps. You don't want to spend hours figuring out how to use an app that's supposed to make your life easier. Fortunately, Parcel Panel is a breeze to use. Setup is quick and easy, and you don't need any coding knowledge to get started. As you can see below, the user-friendly interface is clean and easy to navigate. The analytics dashboard also has a simple design, making data interpretation that much easier. It fits all Shopify themes, and the adaptive interface suits all devices.
One of the best things about Parcel Panel is their knowledgeable and responsive support team and abundant resources. They offer:
- 24/7 live chat support in multiple languages: Whether you need help with tracking, shipping, or anything else, they are always ready to assist you. And yes, they speak your language.
- Email support: If you prefer to communicate via email, you can send them your queries and expect a prompt and helpful reply.
- Dedicated support with the Enterprise plan: Assuming you have a large or complex business, you can get access to a dedicated support agent who will know your account inside out and provide personalized solutions.
- Expert install service for onboarding: This service is available for free on request if you need help setting up Parcel Panel on your store.
- Help center (guides & articles): You can browse their extensive help center that covers everything from installation to integration. You can also find useful tips and tricks on how to optimize your shipping experience.
- Blog: Granted that you want to stay updated on the latest news and trends in the e-commerce and shipping industry, you can follow their blog, which features insightful articles and case studies.
Make Great Post-Purchase Service Part & Parcel of Your Store
Now that you know all about Parcel Panel's features and pricing plans, you might be wondering if it's worth it. Despite some shortcomings, like having a limited free plan, Parcel Panel has some powerful features that make it an excellent choice for online store owners. One of the standout features is its ability to increase customer lifetime value by providing exceptional post-purchase service that results in happy customers who return to your store.
» If you're looking to improve other aspects of your shipping, head to our top choices of orders & shipping apps