6 Best Upsell and Cross-Sell Apps for Shopify in 2023
Updated June 27, 2023.
Our team independently researches and recommends the best products and services. We publish reviews that are unbiased and not influenced by payments we may receive from advertising partners.
Utilizing upselling and cross-selling techniques can be highly effective to increase your Shopify store's sales and profits.
- Upselling persuades customers to purchase a higher-priced item than their original consideration.
- Cross-selling encourages customers to buy a complementary product along with their main purchase.
Retaining existing customers is more cost-effective than acquiring new ones, making upselling and cross-selling all the more important. You can easily implement these strategies with the help of a Shopify upsell and cross-sell app that seamlessly integrates with your store. Below, we give you a list of the best upselling and cross-selling apps on Shopify to get your business booming.
Our Top Picks for the Best Shopify Upsell & Cross-sell Apps
1. Best Overall
KeepShoppers Score: 9.9
- Built-in A/B split testing
- Autopilot mode
- One-click upsells
HoneyComb Upsell & Cross Sell makes it easy to add an upsell offer with just one click and lets you create an unlimited number of upsell funnels for your store, each with unique rules and triggers. It also provides detailed analytics and reporting on your upsell performance, so you can track your results and make data-driven decisions.
Why We Liked It
Aside from increasing conversions with upselling and cross-selling functionalities, Honeycomb also features a mobile-first design, promises an easy 2-minute setup, and has dedicated customer support. Plus, the app offers a 7-day trial and a free plan to give you easy access to its various elements.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface
- Create multiple upsell and cross-sell offers
- Insights into store performance
- Compatible with a wide range of Shopify themes
- Free plan
- Customization may require CSS and JS knowledge
2. Best for Increasing Average Order Value (AOV)
KeepShoppers Score: 9.7
- Customizable design
- Drag-and-drop interface
- One-click upsell funnels
ReConvert uses advanced analytics to offer the most relevant upsell and cross-sell offers to customers during the checkout process. It has an integrated drag-and-drop interface, built-in widgets, and customizable thank-you pages for maximum conversion potential. The app also integrates well with other third-party apps such as Klaviyo, Loox, MailChimp, and SMSBump, giving your store a seriously powerful upsell and cross-sell machine.
Why We Liked It
With its wide array of features and integration options, ReConvert is a great app for upsizing your customers' order carts. You can offer special deals, discount codes, and rewards to customers for increased customer retention and create custom product recommendations to show customers complementary or related items during the checkout process. All of these factors combined make it an ideal app for Shopify stores with big orders on a regular basis.
- Highly customizable templates and elements
- Integrates with many popular apps and services
- Offers advanced targeting and segmentation options
- User-friendly interface
- Provides detailed analytics
- Free plan only available to development stores
- Paid plans include usage-based charges
» Get the whole story by reading our full ReConvert app review
3. Best for Personalized Product Recommendations
KeepShoppers Score: 9.6
- Exclusive Click-Show feature
- APIs and integrations
- AI-driven product recommendations
Unlimited Smart UpSell Offers uses AI to make smart recommendations based on customer behavior and purchase history. It includes different click-to-show features depending on business needs, including prioritizing low-stock items, new products, or bestsellers. Users can also show discounts and comparison price discounts at different stages of the buyer journey to increase the likelihood of a customer making a purchase.
Why We Liked It
Unlimited Smart UpSell Offers is the perfect app for e-commerce store owners looking to improve their customers' shopping experience and convert more sales. The app places a unique focus on using AI-driven analytics so that only products with the highest conversion potential are offered, helping to maximize sales.
- All features offered in every pricing plan
- Intuitive user interface
- Advanced metrics
- Real-time design editor
- Mobile responsive
- No free plan
- Pricing depends on Shopify Plan
4. Best for Startups
KeepShoppers Score: 9.2
- Sales funnel builder
- Built-in split testing
- Advanced customer segment targeting
Zipify lets you easily create upsell and cross-sell specialized Shopify upsell funnels with just a few clicks. You can effortlessly test, customize, and modify sales pages and upsell and cross-sell related content with their powerful drag-and-drop builder. Not only that, but Zipify also integrates with Klaviyo, ReCharge, and Yotpo, making it a great app for e-commerce startups looking to set off on the right foot.
Why We Liked It
Zipify has a very simple and easy-to-use interface, so the learning curve is not very steep. It offers a drag-and-drop functionality for creating and managing upsell offers, making it accessible for users with little-to-no coding experience while also offering advanced customization options for more experienced users. Overall, it offers a best-of-both-worlds approach for Shopify store owners at both ends of the spectrum, meaning the app can scale with you from a new startup to an established brand.
- Easy to use and set up
- Pre-built templates
- Various conversion-focused features
- A/B testing functionality
- Detailed analytics
- More expensive compared to other apps
5. Best for Customized Notifications
KeepShoppers Score: 9.1
- Order tracking
- Customizable cart page recommendations
- Smart recommendations
Cross Sell & Cart Upsell features a one-click "Add to cart" button, AI-generated recommendations, upsell pop-ups, and a customizable interface that integrates with all Shopify themes. It's quick and easy to set up and offers a customizable design layout to match your store's branding and style. The app allows you to place cross-sell recommendations on product pages, cart pages, and checkout pages, creating more opportunities to promote additional products for customers to purchase.
Why We Liked It
Cross Sell & Cart Upsell offers an extensive range of customization options, including hand-picked cross-sell recommendations on a per-product basis, store-wide recommendations, basket/cart page recommendations, and more. This process is automated, and customers are presented with relevant products based on their browsing and purchase history.
- Easy to set up
- Create upsell and cross-sell offers directly in the cart
- Integrates with a wide range of payment gateways and Shopify apps
- User-friendly interface
- Limited reporting and analytics
- Higher pricing compared to other similar apps on the market
» Discover more ways to reduce cart abandonment and increase conversions
6. Best for Small Shopify Stores
KeepShoppers Score: 9.0
- A/B test discounts
- Sales pop-up windows
- Customer profile sync
One-Click Checkout & Upsell is designed to boost sales by streamlining the checkout process, promoting the most relevant products, and offering seamless integrations with third-party apps such as Omnisend and Brevo (formerly Sendinblue). It automates the upselling process and allows users to create multi-step funnels with multiple upsell offers, increasing the chances of customers adding more items to their cart and increasing average order value.
Why We Liked It
For smaller Shopify store owners looking to rapidly grow their business, One-Click Checkout & Upsell is a great solution. It offers many different features and functionalities, all centered around converting new visitors into customers and existing customers into repeat buyers. Plus, with its large amount of third-party integration options, it allows for even more business growth by utilizing the power of other well-established apps.
- 24/7 live chat & email support
- Affordable pricing plans
- Multi-step funnels
- One-click purchase completion
- Relatively steep learning curve
- Need for the paid plan for additional features
Up, Up, and Away!
Elevate your sales by utilizing the power of post-purchase upselling and cross-selling. With the simple integration of a Shopify upsell app into your e-commerce store, you'll soon be selling more products than ever before and increasing your bottom line.
We recommend HoneyComb Upsell & Cross Sell as the go-to upsell and cross-sell solution for any Shopify store owner looking to expand their reach and widen their customer base. It offers a wide range of features, making it a versatile app to help any online business. However, many factors, such as business needs and budget, should be taken into consideration before choosing the best Shopify app.
» Need help with offering payment options? Check out this list of the best Shopify buy now pay later apps to help convert even more sales!
At KeepShoppers, we aim to examine the range of options that work for different users, recognizing that each company has different needs and use cases. We make our recommendations based on a specific set of criteria, including:
- Ease of Use: This includes developer friendliness, how easy the setup was, and the quality and timeliness of customer support.
- Features: We factored in the range of features available and the extent of their usefulness in driving conversions and sales.
- Pricing: We considered whether there were free plans, features, and add-ons available. For paid plans, we assessed if the monthly fee was worth it.
- Customer Reviews: For a more holistic and well-rounded evaluation, we reviewed how store owners in different countries and different sectors rated the app.
We also considered the time and resources required to make the best use of the app—more feature-rich solutions are usually more complex and require a greater time investment to learn. All of these traits were aggregated into the KeepShoppers Score you can see in each app description.