Easily Add Alt Tags to Your Shopify Images to Improve SEO
Improve your Shopify store's SEO with ease by adding alt tags to your images. Let your images do the talking and enhance your store's customer experience.
Published March 22, 2023.
Optimizing your online store for search engines is vital to increase your traffic and revenue. But don't ignore this basic yet effective SEO strategy: adding alt tags to images.
Alt tags not only improve accessibility for visually impaired users but also play an essential function in enhancing search engine optimization (SEO) and generating sales. Luckily, there are ways to effortlessly add alt texts to your Shopify images to boost your store's visibility on search engines and bring more organic traffic to your site.
» Boost your store's performance with the best on-page SEO techniques
8 Steps for Adding Alt Tags to Your Images
- Log in to your Shopify store.
- Navigate to the "Products" section.
- Choose the product you want to add an alt tag to.
- Click on the image you want to add an alt tag to.
- On the preview media page, click "Add ALT text."
- Enter a brief alt tag that accurately describes the image's content and includes relevant keywords.
- Click "Save ALT text" to save your changes.
- Repeat this process for all images on your site to improve your store's SEO.
Using a Shopify App
When you need to upload many images, using a Shopify app can streamline the process of adding alt tags. Egnition's All-In-One Image Master automatically populates alt tags by referencing image titles and encompassing text.
- Automatically generate ALT text for your product images from pre-set templates
- Remove backgrounds, resize, and center your product images
- Free installation
Apart from boosting your images' search engine visibility with alt tags, titles, and meta descriptions, the app also optimizes your product images for faster loading speeds, another crucial factor in SEO.
» Read our full All-In-One Image Master review for more details
Get Tagging to Grow Traffic
Adding alt tags to your Shopify store images is an excellent optimization method that can increase traffic to your online store. Including a detailed description of your images can help search engines better understand your content and increase the visibility of your website in search results, ultimately increasing your sales.
» Find the best apps to improve your Shopify store's SEO
Kate Pauline Galagnara