keepshoppers logo
Community
Sign In

Is it worth making the jump from the $79/month plan to the newly increased $299/month plan??

Asked 4 years ago

We're about to add Carrier Calculated Shipping to our store but that has now called our price plan into question. Does anyone think it is worth making the jump from the $79/month plan to the newly increased $299/month plan? Using the old calculator, we would be moving on to the Shopify advanced but that calculator is now outdated.

Walter Chen

Sunday, August 16, 2020

If you call Shopify they will add carrier calculated shipping to your current plan for 20 or 40$ per month extra so no need to upgrade for just that Akin. At least that's what they've been doing recently. Yes you're right I think but before I got to that point the call dropped. I hadn't realised that it's an over-the-phone upgrade. The reason I ask about the plans though is because we are very much near the borderline on value for money, probably leaning towards the upgrade but with the new pricing structure, I'm not sure if it is worth the jump or if it even adds much value. I use carrier calculated shipping on the basic plan by paying yearly instead if month to month. I'm stunned at the price difference for the pathetic increase in services. when you consider that you can add CCS for $20 to any of the lesser plans, that means you are paying for reporting that you probably won't use along with a meager reduction in transaction fees. The current option (did it for a client friday) are you can add it for $20/mo, or it comes as a perk if you pay the yearly price. Either way, you have to contact support to get it added on.

Write an answer...

Cancel

Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?